Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh my, I cannot believe it has been so long. Well, Christmas was wonderful. The kids got all that they wanted and more. We have just been busy. We celebrated my Dad's 61st birthday, hosted a baby shower for the arrival of my niece Maddie, attended a baby shower for Maddie as well and celebrated the M girls 3rd birthday!

M girl turned three yesterday. She had a princess party with all of our family and close friends on Saturday at the children's museum. It was princess themed. I will have to post pictures of her and the cake, beautiful. Let's see a few things about M at three, she is 38 1/2 inches tall and weighs 39.9 lbs. She is almost as tall as the Z man. She can count, knows her ABC's and is just a pure delight. I seriously have to stop and remind myself that she is only three. She is loud, I never realized that girls were so loud. I think that she only has one level at which to speak. She is also very girly! She loves clothes and shoes and hates to get dirty. She loves to play with her brother, the current favorites are Star Wars, Mary and Joseph and house. I know an odd combination. She loves to try and mother her sister, she attempts to carry her around! She finally loves going to school. So, a day late, Happy Third Birthday!

Baby S went for a check up as well this week, she is 9 months. She is 28 1/2 inches and 19 lbs 12 oz. She is definitely built more like her brother and has the personality of Robert. She is so laid back. She is definitely the baby that everyone wants. She had an ear infection in her right ear again and she is anemic, M way's too. No worries. She can walk along everything and will just stand straight up in the middle of a room for a period. I am guessing that any day now she will take off and walk. I am not ready for that!

Z Man is 5 1/2 loves school and playing Star Wars. He truly misses living in our old neighborhood. He loved playing with his friends the K girls and just having that freedom to play outside on the street. In our current situation it is to dangerous to play out front much, just because of the college students. He is very interested in having a play date. He will have his first official play date tomorrow. He will get picked up from school by his friends mom and get to play at there house for a bit.

We have been cleaning all of the baby things out and passing some along for Maddie to use. It is bittersweet, I am glad that Maddie will get to use them, but at the same time sad to see that part of my life gone. No more babies of our own! I will just have to hold and spoil Maddie as much as possible and then give her back and let Adam and Gretchen deal with those sleepless nights! The kids are very excited about her coming, they can't wait to meet her. Z Man just wishes for a boy. He is going to be surrounded by girls, two sisters and one girl cousin on my side.

We have a few more birthday's coming and then the arrival of Maddie, I can't to meet her and hold a tiny baby again. You truly forget how small they are and just how fast they grow. I still cannot believe that the M girl is three!

No comments: