Sunday, June 8, 2008

Random

Robert completed his first full week of work and really likes it and I completed my first week of being a single parent and managed not to be sent to the loony bin!

We have not had a lot of down time this weekend, he arrived on Friday night and we had to fix the flower bed in preparation for the open house on Saturday. Saturday we raced to get the inside ready and everyone dressed to head out for the open house. After the open house our friends who are moving to New York dropped by to visit, they had been gone for a few weeks. By the time they left we hurried to get everyone to bed and then Robert went to help Brian, the friend paint a few walls in there home. Sunday we got did laundry, groceries, the friends came by again and then we had there going away party. I seriously think that this is the first time that I sat down and chilled all weekend.

It is always sad when you have to leave or someone has to leave you. I will truly miss this family. They have become very good friends, we hope to meet them back in Texas when they retire in a few years. It brings me to other thoughts of when we leave, I will really miss certain people here as well, just as I miss my friends in Dallas. People come in and out of our lives and some stay for a reason, I like those the best. I also like those who teach us something.

All of the children are well, Z finished a week of camp and enjoyed getting wet and making projects. M is M, sweet and lovable and then a little mischievous. S is growing and growing, each moment I appreciate and cherish as I know I will never have another baby of my own. Z and M also enjoyed having Jill back, they are going to miss her so much, they really would like her to move with us after she graduates.

There is this odd man that I pass everyday on my way home, he lives on a small farm that is left near housing communities at the intersection of two busy roads, he is constantly running along the edge of his property swatting his hands at the cars and shaking his head, is he angry, is he trying to prove a point or is he not all there? It really bugs me, I think of stopping and asking, but I am afraid that he is crazy.

I have always wanted to be a stay at home Mom, but now faced with the opportunity or challenge I am unsure if that is what I truly want. I love my children and enjoy going to work and being around people, feeling like I make a difference. But being at home is priceless, something I will never get back. I have very little time left
to make a decision, I need to be fair to work and give them enough notice to look for a replacement and I need to be fair to myself and my family, I just do not know! Any words of wisdom?

4 comments:

Allison said...

Jana,

I'm just so proud of you for balancing it all! You are one awesome mama. I totally understand your uncertainty...My words of wisdom - quit now, see it how goes for a year or so. YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK (but you won't want to!)

Tawyna said...

Stay with us. Don't Leave! You are amazing and work just won't be the same without you. But on the other hand staying home with your babies would be an amazing time and I only wish that I could have done that while mine were little. You will figure out what you know in your heart is right for you and your family and that is really all that matters. Work and friends may come and go in and out of your life, but time with your loved ones is the most precious thing that you can have and sometimes it is taken from you way to soon so enjoy every crazy minute of it! Just don't move out of BCS and that will make things better! We can at least still have lunch together sometimes.

natalie said...

Your children will only be young once. I say stay home with them while you can. It is worth it. You can go to work any time, but you won't get these precious years back. It is challenging some days, but the good SO out weighs the bad. I know you can do it! I will be praying for strength for you while Robert is gone. I know how much work it is being alone. I have never had to do it more than a week though!
Natalie

Stephanie said...

Jana,
It sounds like you have things under control - good for you. I've had three kids for almost five years and I wonder when the balance will come! As far as the work vs. stay at home mom - I know that I am a far better working mom than I was a stay at home mom. It's just a personality thing for me. I love my job and I love my kids. My occupation is a good balance of both - 9 months working, 3 months at home. See if you can find something part-time maybe. Have the best of both worlds, as Hannah Montana sings :0)